Day Hiking and trying out the Amok Segl hammock, as well as some general talk about Hammock Setup and Camping vs Lounging on the trail.
Topics Discussed on this Episode
- A detailed look at the features and setup of my new Amok Segl Hammock.
- Proper hang angle for hanging a hammock (ideally, 30°) and why you should avoid hanging your hammock suspension too tight / flat.
- Proper strap position when using carabiners or Dutch Clips.
- Nylon vs Polyester tree straps
- Hammock length and how it relates to diagonal lay.
- What I look for in a camping hammock compared to an on-the-go lounging / sitting hammock.
- Hammock strap length and why you may or may not pack longer or shorter straps.
- Fabric differences for hammocks (stretch, texture, water resistance)
Specs and Features of the Amok Segl Hammock, as per the Manufacturer
- Plug and play suspension system included.
- Ultralight weight: 15 oz (total)
- Weight Breakdown – Hammock (7 oz), Suspension straps (5 oz), Carabiners and buckles (3 oz)
- 20D Robic Nylon (30% stronger than regular nylon)
- Capacity: 330 lbs