A detailed review of the Olight H2R Nova versatile illumination tool.
In this gear video I go over my personal experiences with using the H2R Nova flashlight / headlamp system, specs, features, and operational procedures to access the Olight H2R Nova’s light modes and lockout function. I also talk about my thoughts on the systems application for backpacking, camping, personal defense, and daily chores, based on my use of this light as my EDC (every day carry) light over the course of several weeks of testing.
H2R Nova Specs, as per the Manufacturer
Beam Distance Max: 501 feet / 153 meters
Performance (lumens) 2300
Charge type Magnetic USB charge base
Compatible Batteries customized 18650
Light Intensity (candela) 5850
Light Form Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.
Lens / Reflector Type TIR bead lens (wide/broad beam)
Mode Operation Front SwitchForm/
Size Factor Medium size (Permanent Marker)
Series Series H (Headlamps, Multitasking)
Unique Characteristics Huge beam spill (TIR with diffuser lens)
Optimal for packstrap, pocket, headlamp, pocket light and headlamp in one with magnetic charging.
Magnetic tail fix, 90 degrees light illumination direction
- Turbo 2300 lumens(~750lm) 1h10m- Cool White / 2000 lumens (~750lm) – Neutral White1h50m (1m)
- High 600 lumens Cool White / 550 lumens – Neutral White 2h30m
- Medium 150 lumens Cool White / 140 lumens – Neutral White 10h
- Low 30 lumens Cool White / 27 lumens – Neutral White 50h
- Moon 1 lumens Cool White / 1 lumens – Neutral White – 45 days
- Strobe: No
- SOS / BEACON: Yes
- Waterproof IPX8
- Weight 2.26 oz , 64 grams
- Length 110mm / 4.33 in
- Head Diameter (mm / in) 25 / 0.95
- Body Diameter (mm / in) 23.2 / 0.91
- Led Cree XHP50
- Use: everyday carry , car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use, fishing, climbing, cave exploration, outdoor activities, house activities.
- Package Contents: Flashlight Olight H2R, 1 pocket clip, 1 head strap, 1 silicone mount, 1 customized Olight 18650 3000mAh battery, 1 Magnetic Charging Cable, 1 EVA Pad (replacement of the magnet), Single-sided Adhesive Replacement EVA Pad, instruction manual