A look at my current, as well as past, camera gear choices for filming my hiking and backpacking videos.
Gear Currently Used
- Ribs Front Pack, large 11 liter pack for holding all gear
- Sony HDR-CX380, primary camera
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition, secondary camera
- GoPro Waterproof case and Skeleton case for improved audio quality
- GoPro Head mount strap and “quick clip” for clipping to baseball caps for POV shots, but also useful as a method of standing the GoPro up for various angled shots.
- Wasabi Power extended life batteries for Sony camera
- RavPower 10,400 mAh USB battery pack or
- RavPower 7,800 mAh USB battery pack and camp lantern
- Zoom H1 digital recorder for secondary audio, both in the field as well as used in conjunction with an Audio Technica lavaliere mic during indoor shoots.
- Joby Gorillapod Flexible Mini-Tripod
Software Used – Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Premiere Pro (primary software used for video editing)
- Adobe SpeedGrade (for color grading and color matching of cameras)
- Adobe Audition (for some audio cleanup work)
- Adobe Photoshop (for YouTube thumbnails and some in video effects)
- Adobe After Effects (rarely, but for occasional “heavier” visual effects)