Part 1 of our Costa Rica Travel Series.
Itinerary for Day 1
- Take an evening flight out of Baltimore, bound for Juan Santamaría International Airport in San Jose, Costa Rica (connection in ATL).
- Arrive in San Jose the next morning around 11AM
- Pick up our rental car.
- Sharpen up our Central American driving skills by cruising through downtown San Jose
- Drive about an hour north from San Jose towards LaPaz Waterfall Gardens and Peace Lodge Resort
- Navigate through an afternoon rain forest downpour. This happened every day around 12:30PM. The following morning we would awaken to a perfect reset of bright sun and clear blue skies. We quickly learned to plan our outdoor activities between 6AM and Noon, followed by storm watching in the afternoons.
- Arrive at the Peace Lodge hotel.
- Lounge on the balcony and try to absorb the fact that we made it to Costa Rica.
- Head out for a fancy Costa Rican dinner.
- Get some much needed sleep and prepare for our upcoming day of rain forest exploration.
Stay tuned for Part 2 where we do a rainforest waterfall hike and see how Sara does face to face with poisonous frog (spoiler alert: they become best friends).