Join Sara & I as we travel around Ireland.
For the second day of our travel adventure in Ireland, we head west from Dublin, towards the western shoreline and the stunning Cliffs of Moher.
Itinerary for Day 2
- Have a quick spot of coffee and some porridge in our hotel room at the Clontarf Castle Hotel, Dublin.
- Head west on the highway towards Galway and ultimately, the Cliffs of Moher.
- Exit the motorway near to town of Ennis to explore the ruins of Clare Abbey, an Augustinian monastery founded in 1195.
- Continue on towards the west coast of Ireland, enjoying the sights.
- Explore the Cliffs of Moher. There is a path along the cliffs that runs from the village of Doolin all the way to the village of Liscannor, with the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Center in between them (which is where we started from)
- On the way home, stop in Limerick City, Ireland for some fish n’ chips and a pint at Dolans pub and live music spot.
- Return to Clontarf Castle Hotel.
Stay tuned for part three, where we head south of Dublin to further explore the Wicklow Mountains followed by a night out in Dublin’s famed Temple Bar area.