A Review of the Olight HS2 Headlamp for Running & Hiking.
In this gear video I go over my personal experiences with using the Olight HS2 rechargeable headlamp system, specs, features, and operational procedures to access the Olight H2R Nova’s light modes and charging functions. As a backpacker more so than a runner, I also go over my thoughts and experiences with using this as a running headlamp vs a hiking and camping headlamp.
HS2 Specs, as per the Manufacturer
- Beam Distance Max: 279 feet / 85 meters
- Max Performance (lumens): 400
- Charge type: Micro-USB
- Compatible Batteries: Customized LiPo Battery
- Light Intensity (candela): 1,800
- Light Form: Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.
- Lens / Reflector Type: TIR bead lens (wide/broad beam)
- Mode Operation: Side Switch
- Size Factor: Small size (Car key / Zippo Lighter)
- Series: Series H (Headlamps, Multitasking)
- Can be powered directly from any USB power source – never run out of battery.
- Dual LED system for long range and up-close wide illumination.
- Audible beep at 10% battery capacity to alert the user to charge.
- Compact and lightweight at only 4 ounces.
- Dual Beam High: 400 lumens , 2 hours 12 minutes
- Dual Beam Low: 100 lumens , 9 hours
- Single Beam High (wide or spot): 200 lumens , 4 hours 30 minutes
- Single Beam Low (wide or spot): 50 lumens , 18 hours
- Moon 1 lumens Cool White / 1 lumens – Neutral White – 45 days
- Strobe: No
- SOS / BEACON: Yes
- Waterproof: IPX4
- Weight: 4.06 oz , 115 grams
- Length: 24mm / 0.94 in
- Head Diameter: 23mm / 0.91 in
- Body Diameter: 45mm / 1.77 in
- LED: Cree XH-G2
- Use: EDC, car, camping, fishing, household, general use, fishing, climbing, cave exploration, outdoor activities, house activitie
- Flashlight Olight HS2 x 1
- Rechargeable 2000mAh 3.7V Lipo x 1
- head strap x 1
- Pouch x 1
- Replacement Cable Clip x 2
- 1.5-meter Micro-USB Cable
- instruction manual x 1
Other items Seen / Discussed in the Video